Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to live at the Regency?
Individuals must be 55 years of age or older, capable of living independently, and able to demonstrate an annual income of at least $20,000. The Board of Residents is ultimately responsible to approve prospective residents.
What are the costs of living at the Regency?
- New residents pay a nonrefundable $3,000 Regency Fee to secure an available unit. This fee covers all costs of preparing a unit for a new occupant and helps fund community improvement projects.
- New residents also pay an Entrance Fee that varies by the unit size and number of bedrooms and bathrooms. This fee is returned (less damages beyond normal wear-and-tear) when the unit is transferred to a new resident.
- Residents pay a monthly fee to cover the costs of operation (city services, staffing, building and unit maintenance, common area cleaning and building utilities, administrative costs, grounds, etc).
Please contact us for more detailed information about costs.
What utilities are paid for by the Regency?
The Regency pays for city services (water, sewer, trash, recycling) as well as heating and air conditioning for common areas.
Do I control my own unit temperature?
Yes. Each unit has its own furnace and air conditioner, both of which are owned and maintained by the Regency. Residents pay their own monthly electrical and gas bills.
What are the kitchens like in the units?
Each unit has its own kitchen with full-size refrigerator, stove/oven, and garbage disposal. These appliances are owned and maintained by the Regency. Some units have dishwashers installed by previous residents, and these are maintained by current occupants. Microwaves are likewise not provided.
Would I be allowed to make changes to my unit?
The Board of Residents has final authority to approve changes to the units, which could include: painting, flooring changes or upgrades, counter/cabinet upgrades, etc. If approved, these changes may be enjoyed by the resident but do not increase the value (entrance fee) of the unit.
Where are the laundry facilities?
Some units have hook-ups for washers and dryers, which in those cases have been paid for by previous occupants. Each wing (east and west) has a laundry room with washers and dryers, all of which are owned and maintained by the Regency. Residents and guests may use these machines at no cost.
Would I have access to covered parking?
Possibly. The Regency has 20 garage spaces and 24 units. The garages are offered when available at an additional cost of $45 monthly.
What services are provided by the Regency?
* Delicious, home-cooked noon meals are provided during weekdays for a nominal additional cost.
* A guest room (similar to a hotel room with private bathroom and two queen beds) is available to residents' friends and family for just $50 per night.
* The administrative office is open Monday through Friday, 8am-noon, and provides a variety of support services to residents.
* The Dining/Community Room is also available to residents to reserve when not in use.
* Additional common areas are a library, craft/game room with a pool table, and shop/storage area.
Are there opportunities to socialize with fellow residents?
Yes! Offerings vary, but current opportunities include twice-weekly social (happy) hour, monthly potluck, and weekly Bingo and card games. All residents are also encouraged to attend a monthly Residents' Meeting, which is important since all Regency operations are ultimately overseen by the residents. Occasional special events in the past have included various performances and celebrations for holidays and birthdays. The Regency has also hosted Business After Hours and open houses.